Chesapeake Bay Storytellers Training
Join us for an exciting training and marketing opportunity. Grow your tour business. Become a Chesapeake Bay Storyteller! Register below.
The Maryland Department of Commerce Office of Tourism and the National Park Service are partnering to provide free training for Chesapeake Bay guides, watermen and women, and water-based tour providers. Enhance your tours or create new ones. Engage with experts about Chesapeake Bay nature, heritage, ecology, and stewardship. Improve your presentation skills. Discover how to make your tours interactive and engaging for your customers.
Upon completion of the training and preparation of a water-based tour with Chesapeake Bay thematic messages, participants will receive official recognition and promotion of their tour business or organization as a Chesapeake Bay Storyteller. A $400 stipend per participant will be provided to help defray costs of attendance, travel and meals. Each session is limited to 20 participants. Once the first 20 spots are filled, other registrants will be put on a wait list.
Participants agree to:
- Attend all six training sessions at their selected location
- Develop a water-based tour integrating Chesapeake Bay themes that your organization/business will offer for a minimum of 2 years, beginning in Summer 2020
- Provide reports on customer participation and feedback
Maryland Department of Commerce Office of Tourism will:
- Provide a $400 stipend per participant to tour businesses/organizations or individuals
- Provide recognition and promotion of your organization/tour business as a “Chesapeake Bay Storyteller”
- Provide free marketing for “Chesapeake Bay Storyteller Tours,” including video, web content, social media and email blasts, printed materials, and more!
Select One Location:
Living Classrooms at Masonville Cove, 1000 Frankfurst
Avenue, Baltimore 21226 –
8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Tuesday through Thursday, January 28 – 30 and February 4 – 6
Foul weather make-up day is Friday, February 7
Calvert Marine Museum, 14200 Solomons Island Road, Solomons
9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Saturdays, February 15, 22, 29 and March 7, 14 and 21
Foul weather make-up day is Saturday, March 28
Chesapeake Bay Environmental Center, 600 Discovery Lane,
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday through Thursday, March 3 – 5 and 10 – 12
Foul weather make-up day is Tuesday, March 17