What do you as a business get out of becoming a Maryland Green Travel partner?
- By getting more energy efficient, you reduce waste and streamline your operations, which can lead to lower costs and increased profits.
- You will learn about the best ways to advance your sustainability efforts through networking opportunities with other green businesses.
- Members of the Maryland Green Travel program will be listed as a green company on both the official Maryland Tourism web site, VisitMaryland.org, and on the Maryland Green Registry.
- You get to use the Maryland Green Travel logo in all of your marketing materials – print and online – which can been linked to your Green Profile displaying all of your sustainable practices and activities.
- Maryland Green Travel Partners are recognized by AAA as ECO properties in their guidebook and on their website.
- Maryland Green Travel Partners are promoted through Maryland Tourism channels – eNewsletters, press, social media, etc.
What do your potential customers and other consumers get?
- Travelers recognize your green certification as an indicator of a business that cares about the greater good. People are inclined to do business with companies they respect.
- Many travelers, of course, seek out green businesses that are committed to sustainability. They tend to share this information with other travelers, providing you with business referrals.
- These travelers will also gravitate to using local goods and services in Maryland – your products – in their effort to patronize green businesses.
How does this help the environment?
- The Maryland Green Travel program provides you with a road map for conserving environmental resources, such as energy and water.
- It gives you a way to support the preservation and protection of Maryland’s special and unique resources, from wildlife habitats near the Chesapeake Bay to pristine mountain vistas in Western Maryland.
- The program helps you to improve the air quality in our cities and towns by reducing greenhouse gas emissions.