Join the Maryland Green Travel Program
Joining the Maryland Green Travel program provides your business a FREE, high profile way to promote your environmental best practices, as well as share your innovative ideas.
Maryland Green Travel Partners are:
- Identified on VisitMaryland.org and in Destination Maryland with a Maryland Green Travel Partner logo
- Provided with a Green Profile page, linked to their Partner logo, boasting all of the business’s green practices
- Granted use of the Maryland Green Travel Partner logo for promotional use
- Automatically listed on the Maryland Green Registry website
To join, applicants must:
- Implement and share information on at least five environmental practices
- Provide at least one quantitative result from these practices
(Example: kilowatt hours of electricity conserved)
After you submit a complete application, you’ll receive notification that you’ve met the requirements and your profile will be posted on VisitMaryland.org and the Maryland Green Registry. While we ask that you share at least one quantitative measure, we hope that you’ll share many more so that your successes can help inspire others.
Members are encouraged to update their online profile whenever they have new information to share. By joining, participants commit to strive to improve their environmental performance over time and report back on their progress regularly. Updates should be provided at least every three years in order to stay on the list.
We recommend downloading a copy of the Maryland Green Travel Master Checklist before starting the application. This checklist is intended to assist you in completing the Maryland Green Travel application by providing a broad spectrum of activities you can include on your application or use to plan future projects. The list includes many great ideas for reducing the environmental impact of the tourism industry, as well as links for further information and resources.
Maryland Green Travel Application