The Office of Tourism receives information from Smith Travel Research (STR), a leading lodging industry research firm, to provide, bi-annual and annual lodging data for the State, US, MD-DC-VA-DE region, Maryland’s five regions and counties.
The Lodging Monitor provides data on the following metrics:
- Room Demand – reflects the percentage change in the number of rooms sold
- Room Supply – reflects the percentage change in the number of rooms available
- Room Rates – reflects the average cost per room
- Room Revenue – reflects the percentage change in the amount of revenue collected
- Occupancy Percent – reflects the percentage of rooms occupied